Little Bunnies Childcare Centre offers strong Preschool programs (School Readiness programs) for both Toddler's Room and Preschool Room. Our educators aim at helping all children get ready for school. We focus on a number of learning areas that based on the learning outcomes in the Early Years Learning Framework and the qualities areas in the National Quality Standards.
What are the main focus areas?
- Social and behavioral development: This area is important in forming children's behaviour and manners before attending school. Children are supported to develop a sense of sharing resources, taking turns, using nice language and learning about empathy and a range of useful skills.
- Literacy and Numeracy skills: A large variety of experiences and activities will be planned and implemented to develop children's learning in literacy (e.g. recognising letters, writing their own names and verbal communications) and numeracy (e.g. using numbers to solve problems such as counting and measuring objects, as well as comparing the sizes, colours and patterns of different objects in the real life).
- Creative arts play: By engaging in a number of creative arts activities, children are able to learn different life skills such as investigating, fine-motor, problem-solving and hypothesizing skills via drawing, painting and hand craft experiences).
- Dramatic play and music: Home and music corners are designed to help children connect their real life experiences with play activities such as dress-ups, pretended play and cooking experiences etc. Young children are more likely to give prompt responses to music such as singing along and making body movement to the music.
- Science and technology: Young children are expected to learn how to use IT such as computer and tablets as a method of exploring basic science concepts.
Preschool / School Readiness Programs