Little Bunnies Childcare Centre and Preschool
We offer high quality curriculum called 'Smart Learn Program' for all different age groups. The program aims at helping all children get ready for school as well as developing different skills. Our team is focusing on a number of learning areas which based on all learning outcomes and pedagogies in the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the qualities areas in the National Quality Standards (NQS).
What are included in our Smart Learn Program?
Transition to School Program, Let's Read & Let's Count program, Munch and Move program as well as Early Learning Language Australia (ELLA) program.
What are the main focus areas?
1. Social and behavioral development: This area is important in forming children's behaviour and manners before attending school. Children are supported to develop a sense of sharing resources, taking turns, using nice language and learning about empathy and a range of useful skills.
2. Literacy and Numeracy skills: A large variety of experiences and activities will be planned and implemented to develop children's learning in literacy (e.g. recognising letters, writing their own names and verbal communications) and numeracy (e.g. using numbers to solve problems such as counting and measuring objects, as well as comparing the sizes, colours and patterns of different objects in the real life).
3. Creative arts play: By engaging in a number of creative arts activities, children are able to learn different life skills such as investigating, fine-motor, problem-solving and hypothesizing skills via drawing, painting and hand craft experiences).
4. Dramatic play and music: Home and music corners are designed to help children connect their real life experiences with play activities such as dress-ups, pretended play and cooking experiences etc. Young children are more likely to give prompt responses to music such as singing along and making body movement to the music.
5. Science and technology: Young children are expected to learn how to use IT such as computer and tablets as a method of exploring basic science concepts.
How do families have access to Smart Learn Program and explore about children's daily experiences at Little Bunnies?
At Little Bunnies, we value families' invovlements and feedback in regards to our plans, programs and daily routines.
Our families can easily access to our learning programs, daily journals as well as monthly observations of children from smartphone APP called 'My Family Lounge'. Families will receive notifications once the journals and information are published. We also encourage families to provide feedback and suggestions on how we can do further to improve our practices to better support the children at our service.
About 'Belonging, Being, Becoming' (The Early Years Learning Framework for children birth to five years)
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Outcome 3: Children have strong sense of wellbeing
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators